If you have zero coding skills, there are Content Management Systems (CMS) that you can use to build a website.
These platforms offer templates in a drag and drop fashion, making it easy for you to design a website within hours! Here is a comprehensive list:
WordPress is the best CMS for beginners. It has easy-to-apply templates, plugins, and free themes. Its maneuverability makes it the most popular CMS for website creators and designers globally. It has two options:
- WordPress.com. is a free CMS that allows you to use existing themes and plugins. It offers “hosting” but the domain name will include “wordpress” in it. WordPress will place adverts on your site.
- WordPress.org. is a self-hosted WordPress. It allows domain name customization. This is the best option for website owners who intend to monetize their sites. It provides them with the options to place customized adverts and manipulate their websites as they wish.
If you are a beginner, we recommend that you start with the free option (wordpress.com).
Just like WordPress, Wix is a website-building platform that comes with free templates and design customization options. It has the following features:
- Two Editing Options. The website builder comes with Wix ADI and the Standard Wix Editor. The ADI option allows you to follow laid-down systems and answer several questions to design your website. Standard one allows deep customization options and allows users to edit their websites manually.
- Wix App Market. Website designers can access numerous add-ons and apps to boost from Wix App Market to boost their site’s performance.
- Blogging & e-Commerce Engines. This feature allows the website builder to customize their site to suit their blogging/online store needs without coding.
Wix is a popular CMS option for website builders. However, it is not the best for SEO. If your primary aim is to rank well with all search engines, we recommend WordPress over Wix.
Alternatives to WordPress and Wix CMS
WordPress and Wix are the leading CMSs that help beginners to build a website without coding knowledge. Others include:
- Weebly A platform that was created for bloggers but has integrated Square for e-Commerce users. It has a block-based structure and it is ideal for newbies. Its mobile app option enables editing, making it one of the most flexible CMSs available.
- Webflow A full-featured modern CMS ideal for professionals. It has a drag and drops editor option and numerous features that allow website builders to create complex portfolios, business websites, and landing pages. However, this CMS requires time to explore its features and learn, and may not be the best for beginners.
- Zyro This is an option ideal for non-techies who wish to build a website without coding/ programming knowledge. It offers integrated AI features, drag-and-drop editor options, integrations, and a web store manager.
If you’re wondering how to make a website without coding, you should not go the coding way. Instead, you should use any of the CMS we’ve recommended here. You will be surprised at how easy it is to become a website owner!